OpenGravity believes that environmental responsibilities and business objectives are connected, as a healthy and sustainable environment fosters sustainable economic growth. As a distributed workforce company, OpenGravity recognizes that it has already significantly reduced the impact of its activities on the environment and acknowledges our responsibility to continually manage any environmental issues effectively. Each OpenGravity team member is responsible for taking reasonable care to ensure that OpenGravity’s activities are conducted in an environmentally prudent manner that contributes over the long term to OpenGravity value. The Corporate Environmental Policy (Policy) describes the principles of our environmental management and may assign responsibilities for managing environmental issues.
The purpose of this Policy is to set out the key environmental principles and requirements that support OpenGravity’s approach to environmental management. These principles and requirements apply when dealing with environmental matters that are aligned to the OpenGravity Code of Conduct, or business reasons that are in addition to those found in the OpenGravity Code of Conduct and other OpenGravity policies. You must exercise good judgement and be respectful of the environment and your actions must always be governed by the OpenGravity Code of Conduct and our shared values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability. Failure to adhere to this Policy could expose OpenGravity to financial, credit, legal, regulatory, and reputational risks.
Audience and Scope
This Policy applies to the activities for all team members of OpenGravity. An employee who contravenes any provision of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action up to, and including termination of employment. Such conduct may also affect individual performance assessments and compensation. A contingent worker who contravenes any provision of this policy may be subject to action by OpenGravity up to, and including termination of their assignment, with notice, as well as possible civil, criminal or regulatory action.
Key Requirements of Environmental Management
OpenGravity is committed to responsible conduct in all of its activities to: (i) protect and conserve the environment; (ii) safeguard the interests of all OpenGravity’s stakeholders from unacceptable levels of environmental risk; and (iii) support the principles of sustainable development. Environmental risk is defined as the risk of financial loss or damage to reputation associated with environmental issues, whether arising from consulting and investment activities or activities related to its own operations.OpenGravity strives to maintain internal systems that serve as a framework to achieve the following commitments, and communicate these systems and initiatives to team members and other stakeholders.
• Conduct business in an environmentally responsible manner and seek ways to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment, with a focus on pollution prevention and the efficient use of natural resources and energy
• Ensure compliance with all relevant environmental laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which OpenGravity operates• Avoid adverse impact to OpenGravity’s reputation by not participating in activities where, in the judgment of OpenGravity, the client does not address environmental issues in an appropriate and responsible manner.
• Proactively seek and give consideration to the views of stakeholders with regard to environmental issues and priorities• Motivate and enable team members to conduct their employment activities in an environmentally responsible manner
• Integrate environmental considerations into activities (where possible and or reasonable to do so) and seek to form business relationships with third parties and sub-contractors who follow acceptable environmental standards.
• Minimize the environmental impact of our products and services